As a guest, it is easy to make smart environmental choices when you dine at a Ursinus College. We know today's college students want to do the right thing for the planet and we also understand you lead busy lives, so your Ursinus chefs and managers do a lot of the work for you behind the scenes!
From purchasing local seasonal produce whenever possible to reducing inorganic and organic waste, your campus team is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional dining experience that is good for you and good for the planet.
Conducting all aspects of Sodexo’s business with the highest standards of ethics and integrity is essential to Sodexo’s mission to improve the Quality of Life of our employees and of all whom we serve and to contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries where we operate. Business Integrity is therefore a pillar of our Responsible Business Conduct commitments.
- Sodexo respects human rights wherever we do business.
- Sodexo seeks to conduct its business in a manner that will not infringe upon the human rights of others, and we will address adverse human rights impacts that result from our business activities.
- Through human rights due diligence, Sodexo will seek to identify, prevent, and mitigate adverse human rights impacts that we may cause or contribute to or to which we may be linked directly by our business relationships.
- Source all of our liquid and hard cooked/boiled eggs from cage-free hens by the end of 2020
- Eliminate the use of veal crates from our supply chain by 2017
- Implement a phased approach to sourcing poultry, beef and veal from suppliers with improved animal well-being practices
- Sodexo is now ready to implement these changes in advance of our targeted timelines.
- There is an average cost increase of 43% on the raw materials for the cost of cage free pre-cooked and frozen egg products.
- Pork pricing is commodity-based and changes on a continual basis. Commodity programs are a formula-based reflection of continual market fluctuations and will often follow a seasonal pattern. While the pricing changes reflect the impact of the transition to group housed, additional pricing changes may occur based on market fluctuations
- Once your segment begins the transition to cage free pre-cooked and frozen egg products, your order guides will automatically be updated. The egg products will be automatically mapped to the new cage free product alternative.
- The transition to open sow housing for bacon, pork butt and pork loin will be automatic. The existing products will be automatically mapped to the open sow housed product alternative.
As part of our longstanding pledge to improve animal welfare, we offer cage-free shell and liquid eggs throughout our operation at Ursinus College.
Sodexo is committed to ensuring healthy fish stocks are on the menu for many years. This commitment will help our health, our global communities and our environment. Fish is an important part of healthy diets and constitutes 17% of the global population’s protein intake. Fish and seafood also support the livelihoods of 10-12% of the world’s population, most of them in the developing world. Many of the global marine fish stocks today are threatened or depleted, making the way we source seafood critically important to the health of the ocean and the survival of marine fish stocks.
We've discontinued the use of straws in Wismer Center Dining Hall as part of our commitment towards our Plastic Reduction Plan.